Sunday, May 23, 2010

Experiencing YOGA...


I have always had a very active and fun lifestyle, but I have to admit there are times when it catches up with me. I have a job I love but there can be tight deadlines to meet. Then there are all of the things that go on in a typical household. Toss in two daughters and you can understand why I get stressed out at times.

One of the things I have done for myself though is taking part in yoga. I was introduced to it by a friend one day when I told her how overwhelmed I feel at times. I also told her that sometimes I am just too worked up to sleep or to concentrate on a particular task. She invited me to go to a yoga class with her.

I was skeptical at first but went to find out more about it. I also needed some time to myself and figured this was a good reason to get out of the house. I couldn’t believe how much I enjoyed the yoga class. I wasn’t able to fully focus on it all the way through but I was able to do so for short periods of time. The exercises we did weren’t difficult but they did feel great.

When the class was over I felt rejuvenated both in terms of my body and my mind. As I go home I couldn’t believe how different I felt. Just a few hours before I had left the house very uptight. Now I was relaxed and had a smile on my face. As soon as I walked into the house my daughters commented on how great I looked.

Even though my life is still very busy I have make it a priority to add yoga classes to my routine. I have advanced to more complicated types of exercise and that has also been encouraging. I feel that this has been a great benefit to help me cope with life overall in a more calm and relaxed way.

I encourage anyone that could use a method of relaxing to try yoga. It is fun and it doesn’t seem like hard work as so many other forms of exercise do. You can also do yoga at home, in a class, or when you travel. You don’t have to invest in expensive workout equipment or try to find a place in your home for it. You have so much to gain by trying yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Share your thoughts about my thoughts"